- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a black display box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 15,000 pieces.
- Obverse: Likeness of Paul Kruger, South Africa’s first and only president, along with “South Africa” in Afrikaans and English.
- Reverse: A Springbok antelope, the national animal of South Africa, along with the year of minting, face value and Silver weight. A small privy stamp of the number 50 in a circle is above the antelope.
- Includes a special privy mark celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Gold Krugerrand. The 50th anniversary logo has the inscription "1967", "2017" and "50 YEAR ANNIVERSARY".
- Minted at the South African Mint.
With its super low mintage of only 15,000 and first year of release status, this coin is sure to sell out quickly. Add the very first 1 oz South Africa Proof Silver Krugerrand coin to your cart today!
This is the first year the South African Mint has released a Proof Silver coin. The South African Mint is celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the well known Gold Krugerrand. The Gold Krugerrand was the first Gold bullion coin produced in the world and has been a worldwide standard since the third of July 1967. 50 years later, the South African Mint is releasing a long-anticipated Silver version of this iconic design.